Melhus

Melhus

Monday, November 29, 2010

Holiday Weekend

We had a great "first" Thanksgiving at home, though we did miss spending the long holiday weekend with our family but it was nice not to have to drive anywhere and be in the comfort of our own home... just the four of us! :)
Matt gave me the list of food he wanted for Thanksgiving and I cooked it (first time cooking a Thanksgiving meal). I made ham (honey glazed), green bean casserole, mashed sweet potatoes, and this corn casserole (recipe from his mom). And I made a pumpkin pie.. yum! Everything was amazing and I was so proud of my self that everything got done at the same time!! :-)

I had to take a picture of the awesome work I had done for my first Thanksgiving.

What was even better about our Thanksgiving meal, was both girls were napping so Matt and I got to enjoy it alone. No whiney voices, no crying.. it was GREAT! :-)

With the long holiday weekend we were able to get tons of things done on our "to do list". We put the tree up (well Matt put the tree up and put the lights on it) and we both decorated it. He also got lights hung outside. Go Matt!



We also finished Emmersen's room.. Well for the most part- we still have to get a sheer/curtain to put underneath the main curtain.

When you first walk into the room:







I can't believe Emmersen is already 2 months old! It still feels like a couple weeks ago we were just coming home from the hospital. :) She is growing like a weed.. not as fast as Avree did at this age. She is still in newborn clothing and 0-3 month sizes, and we just ran out of newborn diapers so I am now using size 1 (which are still a little big, but I don't want to buy another pack of newborn). Last week she was 8 lbs 13 oz. A big difference from her birth weight (5lbs 15oz). She has been a good baby and loves to sleep. (Sounds just like Avree as a baby) She wakes up once a night, usually around 4 AM and will go back down till 8/8:30ish.
Emmersen is a little more temperamental at times and will let you know right away when she isn't happy. She loves to smile and coo at you when you talk to her. It is adorable! She loves watching Avree and loves having Avree talk to her. I would say right now her 2 favorite people are Avree and I.

Here are just some random photos of the girls from the holiday weekend:





Hope you all had a great Holiday Weekend!

No comments: