We took off for Iowa Thursday night and drove right to Matt's parents house. Everyone did good in the car and both girls slept! Friday morning Matt had to get some work done so us girls went to visit Great Papa and Grams. Avree loves going over to their house to play. She always goes right to the basement (pulling papa Jerry right along with her) to play with the toys. They kept the toys that Matt and his brothers use to play with when they were little. Brings back some great memories for Matt when Avree plays with those toys. :-)
Great Papa and Grams with the girls
We then decided to head to Iowa City to see his brother and watch Matt's cousin play volleyball that night. On our way there, we stopped to see my grandparents. They hadn't seen Avree in a long time and this was the first time they got to meet Emmersen.
Great Grandma/pa McCulla with the girls
We met up with uncle "boo" and headed to the volleyball game. Matt's grandparents and aunt and uncle (from texas) were there to watch Rachael play. I am so glad we got to watch her play but I just wish they would have won the match that night! I love volleyball so it was fun to watch a college team. (Go Hawkeyes)Avree even got up on their big screen during a time out. She was doing some dancing and when she looked up and she saw herself on the screen she immediately stopped and got a little embarrassed. :) It was so cute!
We stayed in Iowa City that night with uncle Boo. Everyone was tired and getting cranky and needed sleep! On Saturday we got to meet up with my mom and we did some shopping in Iowa City.
My mom and I with the girls
Finally around 5 (PM) I convinced Matt (he was tailgating and watching the Iowa football game) it was time to go and head back to Pella. (I wanted to be back in Pella early afternoon!) I was tired dealing with both girls and walking around all day. On our way back to Pella, my service engine soon light came on, along with the battery and brake light flashing. I didn't know what to do, so I kept driving. Well we are right outside of Pella and I noticed the flashing lights (brake and battery) were staying on and I had no acceleration power. So I pull off onto the next road, scared to death, and didn't know what to do. Avree's in the back crying (has been since we left Iowa City cause she was so tired and couldn't/wouldn't fall asleep), its pitch dark out, and the headlights are starting to dim. So I shut off the car and thank goodness it started back up. I just wanted to get "home"! We did make it back to Pella ok but my car needed to be looked at. Sunday morning Papa Dave said he didn't think we would make it back to KC. (He thought it was the alternator by what we were describing to him) Of course nothing in Pella is open on Sundays so we had to switch cars with them! We had 2 kids, 2 dogs and all of our stuff that we had to pile in his mom's car. We were jammed packed! We did make it back to KC safe and sound though! (What a weekend!)
Papa and Nana with the girls
Avree and Emmersen
She loves her blankie just like big sis :)
Monday morning we all woke up... SICK! Matt started getting a sore throat, Avree started getting a runny nose and my cough got worse (I was sick with a bad cough a couple weeks before this) and I started getting a runny nose.
What a weekend!!!! It was so good to see our family and let them meet Emmersen, but I think we would have been better off staying home! :-) Our next Iowa trip... not till Christmas :-) (We need a break, haha)
No comments:
Post a Comment