I can't believe it has been about 2 months since my last post! Sorry! December was a busy month for us as we were in Pella for a week, then came home for a couple days to unpack and then repack to head back to Pella for Christmas.
We had a great Christmas with all of our families. We are so blessed and we are so thankful for TWO amazing and healthy girls!
We started the New Year off at home. We decided it would be easier to stay home, watch movies and put the girls to bed at their normal bedtime. I was hoping to stay up till midnight, but I fell asleep. :D Matt did wake me up a couple minutes before midnight and I watched the ball drop on TV and back to bed I went. haha. Hey, I am a mom of 2, what more can I say ;)
I can't believe January is almost over and I really can't believe Emmersen will be 4 months tomorrow! (I will have a new post on that)
A couple weeks ago I decided to head to FL with the girls to visit my dad and Barb (they are in FL the whole month of Jan). This was completely last minute, so Matt wasn't able to join us. I was a little apprehensive about flying with them by myself but it actually went ok. I wasn't worried about Avree at all, I was just worried about Emree. She is very tempremental and doesn't like to be held a lot. She prefers to lay on the ground and kick around. Which I knew would be hard on a plane. She fell asleep each plane ride before take off and slept for part of the flight but she is such a light sleeper so she would jump and wake up every time they got on the intercom. Landing was a different story! I was trying to keep the paci in her mouth so her ears wouldn't pop, but that didn't seem to help. She would get fussy during landing and once I got her calmed down and she swallowed or would suck on the paci for a bit, they must have popped and she was fine. I am glad to say that I can and did travel with 2 kids (3 months and 2.5 yrs) on an airplane, by myself! But I don't plan on doing it again... for a while atleast :-)
We had a GREAT time in FL. Wish we didn't have to come back to this cold, snowy weather!
While we were in FL, my mom and her best friend happened to be vacationing in the same area! (They do a girls trip every year in FL) It was awesome to spend time with them and my dad! Avree loved having them all so close to her :-)
Here are some of my favorite picture while we were in FL:
Plane ride:
Snuggling with gma/gpa McCulla in their bed:
A Day at the Beach: (Emmersen's 1st time at the beach/ocean)
Our last night in FL:
Great Gpa G (Barb's dad)
Big sis holding lil sis :-)
"gma" Carol (AKA Coral) :-)
Plane ride home:
Sorry for the picture overload! Hope you enjoyed them :)





































1 comment:
Brit, I'm amazed how Avree took to the camera on the professional pictures dated Jan 31. She's a natural. Loved the pictures on the beach. Aunt Linda
Post a Comment