Melhus

Melhus

Friday, August 20, 2010

Time for an update...

Last week Avree and I got to spend some time in Pella, while Matt worked in the Quad Cities. That was our last trip back to Iowa for a while until baby comes. It was nice that Avree got to see/spend time with the grandparents, great grandparents and her cousin Kaiya. She kept busy all week. By Saturday, I think we were all ready to get home. We didn't get home till LATE saturday night (more like Sunday morning) but it was nice to have a relaxing Sunday before our week started back up again.

Well I am toward the end of my 34th week and I can't believe how fast this has all gone. Everything is still going well. Sleeping well, not getting swollen anywhere and I still have some energy to do/get stuff done. I have been having braxton hicks (mild, sporadic contractions) since the end of July. Which I NEVER had/experienced with Avree, so we could have an early baby or atleast on time, this time around. (Avree was a week and a day late!) But again, you never know and I have no control over when baby will join us. I just hope this baby doesn't come the week of Labor Day. Avree starts school (Parents Day Out) the day after Labor Day and I want to get her adjusted/use to going to PDO 2 days a week before baby arrives.

34 Weeks (pregnancy 2)

34 Weeks (pregnancy 1)


I can't believe Avree is almost 2 1/2 years!! I can still remember the day we brought her home and how tiny she was!! (I know that will all change when we bring the new baby home. She will seem HUGE!) She has such a fun personality, stubborn, but very loving, caring and so sweet. She talks all the time, but we still have some trouble understanding some things she is trying to tell us. She is such a copy cat and will repeat/do anything she hears and sees. She is still pretty shy which we are really trying to work with her on. Hopefully school will help her open up and be a little more vocal around other people. She still thinks she can do everything herself.. "No Help Mommy" is something I hear ALL the time. She still is a monkey and climbs, jumps on everything. Another new thing she has started doing is... screaming/yelling. She pretty much only does it out in public..Awesome! She knows she's not to suppose to do it, cause everytime she does scream her facial expression afterwards is "sorry, but I want that or I wanted to go with you" kinda look. Ornery!!
She is starting to be "everyones' girl". One minute or day she just wants mommy and mommy to help, then the next minute or day she just wants daddy. Last week while we were in Pella, she was all about "Nana" (Matt's mom) and "Nana's store". She is so funny.
We really think she will be a GREAT sister and we think she is ready. We got our double stroller in last week and set it up. We let her pick which side she wants to sit on and then we told her the other side was for the baby. So now everytime to gets in the stroller (it's sitting in our living room for the time being) she keeps saying "baby come sit down". Then runs over to my belly, lifts my shirt and tells the baby to come out! :-) I think I am more concerned with her wanting to help out with the baby ALL the time. Changing, feeding, dressing, laying the baby down, holding the baby, etc. So we shall see how she acts towards me since I will be with the baby all the time and doing most of the things for the baby and having to tell her "no, you can't do that". :)

Here is a picture of Avree and her friend, Wesley, playing at Chick-Fil-A play area.


We decided to go with a "boring" color for the double stroller. I am kinda weird about things matching, so we went with the black stroller to match our black car seat. :-) (The car seat will snap into the stroller) But we did get Avree some pink for the stroller. (We all know I LOVE pink). We got her a pink "snack Pack" that snaps into the stroller and a pink foot muff. :) I am excited to get the stroller out of the living room and actually use it!!

New double stroller (Avree's pink "snack pack")



Enjoy your last days/weeks of summer!

No comments: