Melhus

Melhus

Friday, April 9, 2010

Comparing Pregnancies

Now that the surprise it FINALLY out, I can talk more about how this pregnancy is going and compare it to the first one. Our Due Date is at the end of September. (I just hope this baby isn't going to be like it's sister and come a week late, which would put the date in October!!) I guess I can't really do anything about that, though :-)
I added a poll on the right hand side of our blog (Guess the gender of Baby Melhus 2), so I thought I would help you in making a guess and tell you all the crazy symptoms I have had (and even compare them with my 1st pregnancy).

Morning Sickness-
*pregnancy 1- I had morning sickness kick in at 6 weeks and wasn't over till 16 weeks or even later! I probably got sick atleast once a day. Not fun!

*Pregancy 2- I have had some nausea here and there and have gotten sick a couple time (I get sick so easily. Pregnant or not!) I started feeling "icky" around 9 weeks when we were leaving for MX. I really think it had more to do with my nerves than morning sickness. I gag So easy. If I gag once, it usually turns into me getting sick. (I can't stop it) I was brushing my teeth the other day and started brushing my tongue and sure enough I started gagging and got sick. So not sure how much this pregnancy is really "Morning Sickness" and is just "nerves" or my "gagging"problem.

Fatigue-
* Pregnancy 1- From the day I found out I was pregnant and well into my 2nd trimester, all I wanted to do was sleep. I would get home around 6 during the week, (try and eat something) and be in bed by 7! I would then sleep till 7/7:30 the next morning!

*Pregnancy 2- I have been tired but nothing like the 1st time around. I go to bed pretty easy (around 8/9 PM) but I usually end up waking up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and then can't fall back to sleep. I hate it!

Heartburn-
*Pregnancy 1- Never knew what it felt like. I thought I had it but it was very, very mild!

*Pregnancy 2- OUCH! I think a lot of it is caused by my "bubbly stomach". I get these sharp side aches, which then turn into terrible heartburn. I know they say, Heartburn means your kids going to have hair when it's born... Well I could care less if I have another bald baby because I don't want heartburn anymore!

Lazy- (I am making up my own pregnancy symptom)
*Pregnancy 1- Besides sleeping the 1st trimester and some of my 2nd trimester away, I was always busy. I couldn't sit still. I cleaning this and that and picking up this and that... never had a break (Also while I was working 45+ hr work week.)

*Pregnancy 2- I can't believe I let my house get this messy, for days at a time!! That is not like me. I would rather sit around..be lazy (watch Avree play) than pick up our dishes from breakfast or lunch. And it stays that way till the next day, if not the day after!! It has even gotten bad in the laundry room! I will actually wash a couple loads of laundry and then by the time they get done drying, they just sit there and sit there and sit there. Again for days (which this is NOT like me)
I guess it's God's way of preparing me to relax, and not worry about cleaning, "cause you are not going to have anytime with 2 kids". LOL

Breaking out-
*Pregnancy 1- I couldn't ever keep my face clear. I swear I would get a new break out every week, if not every couple days. It didn't matter what I used for my face, it WAS going to break out.

*Pregnancy 2- I am so thankful I don't have this problem. I have gotten a break out every now and then, but for the most part my face has been clear since the beginning of this pregnancy.

I have had some ups and downs with this pregnancy, like I did with the 1st but I am so excited to experience this journey again! Right now all the bad out weighs the good, but at the end of all this the good definitely out weighs the bad (you just have to get to the end to feel that way.. haha)
We feel so blessed and we can't wait to bring another child into our home. Whether that be a boy or girl, we will be happy!! :-)



Week 15 (Pregnancy 2)

15 weeks (Pregnancy 1)

2 comments:

Four the Moment said...

I think it is a boy- little boys are so much fun!

The Van Zante's said...

you look more round in your pregnancy with Avree. maybe it's a boy cuz it looks lower. However, Bray-Lynne was so LOW most the time everyone thought she was a boy but guess what?! she was a girl.