Melhus

Melhus

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Out with the old, in with the NEW!

Matt and I have wanted a bigger deck for quite some time now... well this weekend it happened!! We expanded it big time.. brought it out 8 feet (to the end of the house-under the kitchen window) and out 5 feet. We have so much room on the new deck, it's obnoxious :-) We have one side for the grown ups (table/chairs, grill, and a seating area) and one side for the kids (toys, toys, and more toys). I was so glad to bring some of Avree's bigger toys on the deck and get them out of my house!!
The deck guy left the floor of our old deck (he said the wood was still in good shape, just needs to be cleaned) so the woods don't match right now. He said to give it some time and they will blend together.
The pictures are not the final look of the deck... we need to do some landscaping on the front and side of the deck. We are hoping to get some cheap plants/flowers in July when everything goes on sale.

This weekend Avree and I are planning on riding with my dad and Barb to MI. Barb is from MI and all of her family still lives there. I've never been, so I am tagging along :-) We will see how Avree does in the car... 8 hours!!! AAHH..

We hope this post find everyone well, and our thought and prayers go out to the Smith family who lost a great family member.

Before (Old deck)

Old Deck



New deck!!

1 comment:

Four the Moment said...

have fun in MI we are going in august! its beautiful! love the deck- bigger is better! we have a huge deck and i love it!