Melhus

Melhus

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Meeting baby Jack!

Avree and I decided to head to Iowa Sunday afternoon after dropping Matt off at the airport (AGAIN!) We were so excited to meet Jack, but weren't too excited for the long drive ahead of us, since we did just make the drive to Iowa a couple days earlier. We stayed in Pella Sunday night and saw Grandma & Grandpa McCulla, Nana, uncle Brian and one of my high school friends Emily and her daughter Bray-Lynne (born in Dec.) We then headed to Des Moines on Monday, mid-morning. When we got to Shelly and Jay's, Jack was all bundled up in Shelly's arms. He was so precious! I got my hands on him right after walking in the door :-) Avree wasn't too sure what to think of her mom holding another baby... She kept wanting me to hold her too and started getting upset when I couldn't, so aunt Shelly distracted her by taking her into another room. My mom and Larry also came on Monday to meet their new grandson. So it was nice seeing everyone while we were back.
We stayed Monday night at Shelly's, so I decided to cook them dinner. I made Spaghetti, garlic bread and sugar cookies! yuuummmm... (my mom also helped me get everything ready)I think the hardest part was trying to figure out what to make that Jay would like. He is WAY too picky and hard to cook for. I about just made a box of mac n' cheese :-)
Tuesday morning (while Avree was still sleeping.. I think she slept till 9:15/30 that morning) I helped Shelly give Jack his first bath at home. I told her to get the bathroom all warm and cozy (we turned on a personal heater to heat up the bathroom) and I filled the baby tub with warm water. Jack wasn't to happy when I was taking his clothes off, but once we got him in the tub he was quiet as can be and was trying to fall asleep! Those personal heaters work wonders on heating up a room fast! (I also used a personal heater for Avree's baths when she was a little baby.)
Jack smelled so yummy after I lotioned him up! I just love the smell of baby lotion. He was then all ready to meet his great grandpa & grandma McCulla. Of course he slept the whole time they were there, but I don't think they minded. They were just so happy to hold him and meet another one of their great grandkids! (Jack makes the 6th great grandkid on the McCulla side.) Steph and Kaiya came to DSM on Tuesday too, so Avree and Kaiya had fun playing for a little bit together.
Avree and I headed home Tuesday afternoon but wanted to stay in DSM for a couple more days, but there was too much stuff waiting for me at home :-( We leave tomorrow for Chicago and I had tons of laundry to get caught up on and errands to run. But we are looking forward to our little family getaway this weekend. We have a friends wedding on Saturday, so we thought we would go up earlier and maybe go to the zoo or something fun like that.
Hope everyone is doing well! Can't wait to see some of you in a couple weeks for Shelly & Jack's baby shower.


Grandpa & Grandma Hansch with their grand kids


Grandma Hansch with her girls.. and Shelly and I with our kids


Grandma Hansch, Shelly and baby Jack


Could you say, ADORABLE!


Chillin'


Great grandpa & grandma McCulla


Cousin Kaiya holding Jack


Grandma McCulla and her grandkids


The Cousins


Little Ham


Avree giving Kaiya a hug


Kaiya and Avree playing outside

No comments: