Melhus

Melhus

Friday, April 24, 2009

Ready to be an AUNT!!

Tuesday night Avree and I decided to head to DSM and spend some time with family. We were getting a little lonely with Matt being gone last week, this week and will be gone again next week! Since Shelly's last day of work was Tuesday, we thought we would stay with her and keep her company for a couple days. It was nice to relax and hang out... I don't know when the last time Shelly and I had some time like this to just talk. We got to meet Nana and Papa for supper Wednesday night and then on Thursday we met my dad for lunch in Altoona.
I told Shelly we needed to go on a walk so we could get the baby's head way down, so we took a walk with 4 dogs, a very pregnant lady, myself and Avree on Wednesday! We looked pretty funny :-) Then Thursday I needed to go to the mall so Shelly came with me and walked to a couple stores. Then she went home to rest! (she was pretty tired) Avree and I headed home yesterday afternoon but thought about staying Thursday night too (Matt's cousin runs in the Drake Relays this weekend, so we wanted to stay and watch her) but decided we should probably get home... Then got a text message at 6 AM this morning that Shelly is in the hospital!!!! Go figure, Avree and I leave and she goes in :-) I told Jay that we must have got that baby to come!! :-) There is still no baby at this time... Hopefully by the end of the day. Mom is doing well, just getting antsy and excited to meet the new baby! I will post again once the baby makes his or her appearance.

No comments: