Wednesday was just another typical day for Avree and I- playing, running errands, napping, going on a walk, but getting sick was not on the agenda! Wednesday afternoon quickly turned to a downward spiral when I started getting a queasy/sick feeling in my stomach. I had felt fine all day, and then 4:30 came upon us and I started getting sick. I ran to the bathroom every 5 minutes, trying SO hard to hold it in. It was pretty hard trying to watch Avree, and run to the bathroom every couple minutes. She eventually started getting sick of me running into the bathroom and "leaving her". So the tears came running and the "hold me" look was on full force! She was pretty tired and just wanted mama... of course! Then to top it all off, Matt was gone last week with work. So here I am being a single parent with the flu! Thank goodness for my friend, (THANK YOU LINDSAY) for coming over and taking Avree (and her son Wesley, 3 days older than Avree) for a walk, then fed Avree supper and put her to bed. All while I was "trying" to sleep it off, but pretty much was so queasy/nauses and sick, I was in the bathroom the whole time. Finally about midnight, I was done getting sick and was able to keep water down at least. I tried to get some sleep after that cause I knew when I woke in the morning, I would be hurting. Didn't sleep well though and the morning came too quick. I felt like a bus ran over me and put it in reverse a couple times. :-) My back hurt SO bad and I was just "blah" all day. Finally, Friday I was feeling better but still felt pretty weak....Finally I am now feeling like my old self again.. of course at the end of the weekend and Matt leaving us again this week :-(
So far Avree has not gotten the flu bug (and I pray she doesn't) but she did start getting a running nose which is waking her up some nights cause she can't breathe.
Other than my 24 hr sickness, we doing good and staying very busy!
Here are some pictures from the past week...
She loves looking out the window

Gamma Hansch and Avree at Shelly's baby shower

Eatin pancakes

She thinks she can take a ride in her doll's stroller
1 comment:
oh my you poor girl! Im glad that you are feeling better now and that avree has hopefully escaped the bug!
Post a Comment