Melhus

Melhus

Monday, January 31, 2011

4 months old!

I know I have said this SO many times with Avree and now I am going to be saying it with Emmersen.. I can't believe how old and how fast she is growing!
Emmersen is 4 months old now and is such a petite little thing :-) I think she got the Melhus gene for height. But her height and weight together are proportionate, which is good! She weighs about 11 pounds 5 oz (I will get her exact weight/height on Wed when we go to her 4 month check up). She is wearing clothing size 0-3 month and a few 3-6 month things and wears size 1 diapers. (Some of this info on her is for my records)
She takes 2 long naps during the day (about 2-4 hrs each nap, but just depends on our schedule/plans during the day) and she usually goes to bed between 8/9 PM and usually gets up anytime between 6/7 AM and will go back down till 8/8:30.
I am thinking she may start being a thumb sucker.. :S If she doesn't have a paci or toy in her mouth, she goes right for her thumb. She HAS to have something in her mouth all the time.

Things she likes:
-Mommy!
-baths
-mirrors
-watching the ceiling fan/light
-watching Avree and LOVES having Avree talk to her
-she likes to be held up in the air like an airplane
-starting to really like her carseat (she sometimes naps in there even when we are at home)
-loves cooing and blowing raspberries
-laying on the floor kicking and playing with toys
-her paci!

Things she dislikes:
-bottles
-being away from mom
-being posed for pictures (we do a monthly photo shoot)
-being in the car for a long period of time

She has been a pretty good baby, but like I have said before, she is more tempremental(than Avree). She smiles and giggles everytime we talk to her. It is so adorable! But she sometimes gets herself so worked up and then has a hard time calming down. (She isn't as easy going as Avree, but those babies are hard to come by :-)) She sleeps great, which is awesome! ;)
I am so happy and blessed to be able to spend my days with her, watch her grow and be there for her! We are blessed!
I still have days were I look at her (and Avree) with amazement that we (and God, of course) created these 2 wonderful kids.

Side note about Avree:
Avree still goes to her PDO (Parent's Day Out) and STILL has a hard time in the mornings at drop off. I was hoping by a month or two of school that she would be ok with going. She is talking non-stop (full out sentences), but sometimes we have a hard time picking up some words she is saying. Since I am around her everyday I can usually figure out what she is saying :-) She is a little sponge and really picks up on a lot of things we do/say. We are trying to work on her shyness around people/friends. (If you have any advice on that, please let me know.) She is offically night potty trained (nap time and bedtime). She has been potty trained during the day since she was about 17/18 months old and now she is potty trained at night! YAY!

Here are some recent photos we took for Emmersen's 4 month photo shoot:

No comments: