Melhus

Melhus

Monday, June 14, 2010

Updates on us..

I can't believe it's almost the end of JUNE!! I feel like summer JUST started (well I guess for some people it just did, since school just got out) and now all of a sudden it's almost July!

Avree has been keeping pretty busy with swimming, playing and loving on her mom and dad :-) She is just a little sponge and picking up on EVERYTHING we say and do. She is talking all the time (well, when she gets comfortable with you.. she's still pretty shy) and is still very stubborn! When she doesn't feel like doing something, she will let you know and WON'T do whatever you want her to do. She can count to 5 (and can count to 10, but skips numbers here and there), knows her colors and will say her name if you ask her, but again will only tell you when "she is in the mood". :) Oh man, I can just imagine what the teenage years will be like... aahhh!!
This past month she has been ALL about kissing and hugging Matt and I. She will randomly come up and give us a kiss or eskimo kiss and it just melts our heart! And she will tell us "Love you" for no reason!! :) She has great manors and uses them without us asking her to say please or thank you. She really is the sweetest little girl I know. She listens very well, (but does has her moments) and is growing up way too fast!
We think she is going to be a GREAT big sister. She is all about "taking care" of her baby.. wiping, changing the diaper, putting the baby to sleep (and making sure we are quiet while the baby is napping), reading to her baby and snuggling her baby. So I hope she can continue to act like this when the real baby comes :-)

Avree always watches me do my weekly stomach pictures, and this time she thought she needed a "belly" photo too :-)



Well I am 25 weeks already!! Sunday I will be in the final trimester! YAY!! I have been feeling GREAT! Not swollen (yet or maybe I will get lucky again and not have any problems with that), sleeping fine (for the most part). Matt and I just started "working out" last week.. my work out entails me riding the bike, doing a stepper thing (only for like 5 min) and lifting some arm weights. I have been feeling great afterwards and hoping I/we can stay motivated to keep it up :-)
Next week I have my glucose test (sugar test) which I am hoping and praying I don't have gestational diabetes (I didn't have it with Avree) but we will see what the results are next week. I am just not looking forward to drinking that "glucose liquid".. yuck! And since it is FULL of sugar, the baby goes crazy afterwards.. Which this baby is already pretty active so it's probably going to feel like this baby is going to punch/kick it's way out of my stomach :-)
I definitely think I look bigger in person than my pictures. Which was different from Avree's pregnancy; My pictures made me look much bigger than what I looked like in person.

24 weeks

No comments: