We started having her sleep in her new room last week and it has been a great transition. I think it helped that we had her in a toddler bed since last summer (in the "baby room") and the only thing different is sleeping in a new room. She sometimes doesn't feel like napping or going to bed when we want her to so she will keep coming out of her room, which she did that in the "old room" too. I think she likes her new room and bigger bed.
Everytime Avree and I go upstairs to get her dressed or for bed time, we both start walking into the "baby room". haha. After we catch ourselves she says "baby room" and walks into her room. :-)
Here are a couple pictures of the work in progress...
(The wall color is an olive green.. It's hard to tell cause I took the pictures at night.)
My little Cheese ball
I have moved over most of her clothes, just not her pj's, sock, underwear yet. I need to get closet storage things first but I did get the baby room "put back together" and sorta cleaned out. I must have been nesting when I went through both rooms. I got the front crib piece back up, crib mattress raised, sheets washed, mobile hung, closet cleaned out, furniture cleaned/wiped down... I was pooped out after all that :)
Since we are keeping the gender a secret till DDay, we are not doing anything with the room till after the baby comes. (Maybe we will need to change the curtain and rug color or maybe we won't :)) We won't be using that room for the 1st month or so after baby comes home, since it will be sleeping in the bassinet in our room. So here is a picture of the baby room put back together:
Avree and I are headed to Pella tomorrow for Tulip Time. I am so excited to eat the food!! Being 19 1/2 weeks pregnant and eating amazing "junk" food is going to be GREAT!! :-) Matt will meet us Saturday in Pella and then Sunday the 3 of us are headed to the Quad Cities. Matt has work there next week so we will get to join him for a week and get to see my mom, and his family (Melhus side). I think it will be a fun filled week.. well for Avree and I :p
2 comments:
I LOVE the pink and green- if Sawyer had been a girl he was going to have a pink and green room! And I changed my mind- now I think you are having another girl baby....
I was pregnant last year at Tulip Time and it was horrible. I swelled up and the greasy food made me sick and get really bad heart burn. But I totally hope you don't get any of that, because it truly is the "dream" time to be pregnant with every food you could want! I'll be at Tulip Time...maybe we'll run into each other! I love the big girl room too! Adorable!
Post a Comment