We had an open house this morning for Avree's school. We got to meet her teacher (and teacher's aid), and her class room. When we first walked in to her room, there were a bunch of kids running around and playing with the toys. Avree started whining and grabbed onto us right away cause she thought we were leaving her. (The school is at our church, and the Sunday School rooms are the school classrooms during the week.) So I am sure the first thing that popped into her head was, this room looks familiar and I always get left. But once she realized we were staying, she started being more relaxed.
We then had to head over to another room to have a new parent/family meeting. So we decided to leave Avree in her classroom while we went to the meeting. When we were leaving the room she started crying and one of the teachers had to come grab her as she was pulling onto Matt's arm/shirt. :( (That is going to be the hardest thing for me.. seeing her bawl and have to be pulled off of us) But they said she was fine a couple minutes later and got down to play and colored a picture (which we knew she would calm down after a couple minutes but it is still hard to see/hear).
I think PDO (Parents Day Out) will be great for Avree, as they do have a structured day just like actually being in school/preschool. I am sure the drop offs in the morning are going to be hard, but I know she will calm down right after we leave. I am hoping 9-3, two days a week isn't going to be too much for her. :S
Hoping Tuesday (her 1st day of school) is an uneventful day and that she enjoys herself. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment