Melhus

Melhus

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Pretty, Pink, Pigtail Princess and New Dora Couch

I usually don't spend a lot of time "doing" Avree's hair everyday. There really isn't any point unless we need to be somewhere or have to look somewhat decent. (Matt says she looks like a "Wal Mart Baby" when she has crazy hair and is dressed sloppy.) :-) We still have problems with her hair ratting up in the back after nap times and when she gets up in the morning. Some days aren't bad but water or tangle spray works great! Well last week I decided to take some time and "do" her hair. She sat pretty still and she let me put pigtails in this time. So adorable!!!

She LOVES the dogs and wanted her picture taken with "her boys".



Last week, a couple houses down from us, was having a garage sale. So we thought we would walk over there to see what they had.. Well the first thing we saw was a DORA couch and Dora chair! I knew we were in trouble the second we got there and saw DORA. For those of you who don't know, Avree is OBSESSED with Dora! Dora, Dora, Dora, is something we hear around here atleast 5 times a day! Anyways, I decided to get the couch (it was pink, and we all know I love pink) and it was in good condition and was only $5. It also folds out like a hidaeabed and can also fold back into a "couch". Avree has spent a lot of time laying on the couch. And the funny thing is, the dogs love it too. It is the perfect size for them. Everytime Avree isn't using it, the dogs are laying on it. It's pretty comical seeing the dogs lay on a pink kid couch. :-)


Avree "pretending" to sleep.


This weekend I will be 30 weeks!! WOW, 10 weeks (hopfully sooner) to go! I am to the point now, where I am ready! Bring on baby #2 :-) I just hope and pray for another healthy (not too big), beautiful baby.

29 Weeks



Avree's Pregnancy- 28 weeks

Avree's Pregnancy- 29 weeks


We have a busy couple weekends ahead of us... Next weekend a good high school friend of mine gets married back in Iowa and then the following weekend we are making the LONG trek to Illinois! My dad and Barb got rooms at a water park hotel (like a Great Wolf Lodge) so all of us "kids" are going to IL to spend the weekend together at the water park. Should be a fun weekend, but not looking forward to the 7+ hour drive, especially being 31 weeks pregnant!! So we shall see who will last the longest in the car.. Avree or ME! :-)
Once August gets here, we plan on trying to stay put. Maybe head back to Pella one last time before Sept. but no traveling for us starting at the end of August.
Hope everyone is staying cool today.. 110 heat index!!! Crazy! We stayed inside and enjoyed the AC and had a movie day :-)

No comments: