Melhus

Melhus

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Weekend with the Grandparents!

Well, I finally got enough courage to leave my baby. It took me a year and a half to leave her for more than a couple hours. I was surprised how well I did. Of course I missed her, but we had a fun weekend. Nice not having to pick up and clean the house every hour. :-) (Our little tornado!)
It sounded like she had a great time. Getting into everything and chatting non-stop. (I don't think they knew what she was saying though)
She stayed with my dad and Barb Friday night, then Saturday she played with cousin Kaiya. Saturday afternoon my dad dropped her off at Nana and Papa's (Matt's parents). So she was on the go the whole weekend!
I am comfortable now about her leaving for a weekend (only a weekend!! No more than 2 days!!) so I have a feeling the grandparents will want to do this often :-)

Avree and Kaiya



"Great" grandpa and grandma McCulla




Just had Avree's 18 month check-up today. She is healthy and growing like a weed. She is about 70% for height but only 5% for weight! Skinny string bean! :)I have also been working on potty training her! She is about 70-80% trained. She has been doing awesome and has caught on pretty quick :-) Hopefully by Christmas she will be fully trained!
Hope everyone is enjoying the October weather. Hard to believe October is half way over!

1 comment:

The Van Zante's said...

Way to go mommy...it's hard to remember a weekend 'away' is good for us now and then!
And, what a big girl Avree is...almost potty trained?! I am impressed :)